Print and Digital Designs / PowerPoint Pitch Decks
Website Designs: HTML, CSS, CMS: WordPress including Divi Builder and Visual Composer; SquareSpace
Email Marketing: iContact, MailChimp, Benchmark
Video: Editing, Animation and Videography
SEO: Search Engine Optimization
Languages: English, Spanish - Intermediate
March 2018 - Present
University of Florida - College of Communication and Journalism
Freelance Graphic Designer / Remote
• Creates, edits and implements designs for internal and external communications and marketing materials on print and digital platforms.
• Maintains Department graphic design and brand architecture design standards.
• Develops final artwork incorporating various design elements (text, graphics, photographs, etc.)
• Designs Department materials such as: web banners, Facebook ads, Infographics, Word templates, enamel pin designs, metal designs, invitations, posters, flyers and event program designs.
2010 - Present
New Horizon Health / Longevity Warehouse
Freelance Graphic Designer / Web Designer / Remote
• Transforms instructional emails into designs for web as well as print material from conception to completion.
• Performs daily work in a virtual environment.
• Determines the message the design should portray. Selects colors, images, text style, and layout.
• Develops educational materials for online delivery.
• Works within tight deadlines and able to multitask and work well under pressure.
• Designs product cut outs and product mockups for ecommerce store.
• Constructs and designs website mockups in photoshop.
• Conceptualizes and creates banners for product marketing, sales, and social media.
• Creates up to 15 daily banner designs for products, promotions, interviews, Google ads, Facebook ads, Instagram ads, newsletters.
• Designs conference event materials: promotional posters, flyers, booklets/guides, menus, postcards, tickets, powerpoint presentations, name badge designs, product price tags.
• Designs Ebook covers and interior page designs for various David Wolfe recipe books and audio/video transcriptions, as well as for other health experts.
• Performs WordPress Website maintenance: html edits, page edits, post edits, icon edits, removing and adding posts/pages, editing widgets, plugin uploads and updates.
• Develops WordPress Sales page designs for upcoming conference promotions and new product promotions.
• Creates product label designs and makes label edits.
2010 - 2011
Lead Graphic Designer / Web Designer / Video Editor
• Met with clients to discuss the needs of a particular project.
• Interpreted a project’s needs, gathering information and data to clarify design issues.
• Prepared multiple mock-ups and/or design options.
• Prepared files and worked with printing companies to produce finished print products.
• Used a wide range of media, including photography, illustrations or other mixed media in design solutions.
• Multi-tasked by working on multiple projects with concurrent deadlines.
• Translated a client’s marketing or information content into a functional website.
• Designed posters, flyers, booklets, menus, business cards, postcards and t-shirts.
• Created and edit images and graphics for website use.
• Posted completed site to internet server using FTP software.
• Edited "Behind The Scenes" music video promo.
2009 - 2 Full Days Of Training
Made Manifest - New York School of the Deaf
SOFTWARE INSTRUCTOR / New York
• Responsible for instructional materials: Creation of tutorials and agendas for various Mac software programs including iPhoto, iMovie and Microsoft Office 2008.
• Planned and delivered instruction to educators on various Mac software programs.
• Ability to work with interpreters to communicate and deliver instructional materials.
• Provide direction for the instructional process and convey instructional intent to students.
• Ability to learn applications quickly.
• Provide organized and professional presentations.
• Ability to present information in a timely manner.
California State University, Sacramento
Media Specialist I / California
• Developed treatments, outlines and scripts, ensuring quality control and integrity of product during all stages of production taking projects from inception to production to post-production.
• Performed videography in the field and in the studio: set up and monitored audio component of field acquisiton, including professional diversity wireless microphone systems, multi-track recording, shotgun microphone operation and other related audio components.
• Determined edit decisions such as pacing, color palette, style and wording, according to script and project design, resulting in an aestheic, creative and compelling program.
• Assembled video footage, graphics, music, and narration then utilize Photoshop and After Effects to enhance projects.
• Conducted post-production editing that includes transferring video and audio clips from origination source (i.e. MiniDV, DVCPro and Firestore) and encode finished project to media/format specified by client. (i.e. sd video, .MOV, Flash, Real, WM, MPEG, etc.) as well as uploads videos to the web.
• Performed duplication and format conversions for analog and digital based video materials and files.
• Researched new technology and software for use on the job.
KVIE - PBS
Camera Operator / Floor Director / Master Control Operator
• Performed videography in live studio settings during pledge drives, art auctions and telethons.
• Acquired digital content, identified and stored requested material, monitored signal streams and ensured scheduled events run accurately for three separate channels.
• Utilized keen attention to detail while checking daily programming schedules, making corrections as needed.
• Read program logs to ascertain the name/time of scheduled programs/station breaks to ensure quality control during on air playback.
2001 - 2007
The California Channel
Master Control Operator / Camera Operator / Graphic Artist
• Ensured satellite feeds were routed to the appropriate servers for recording and utilized video waveform and vectorscope monitors to adjust signal quality.
• Performed duplication and format conversions for analog and digital based video materials and files (ie. DVD, VHS, SVHS, BETACAM SP, and DVC PRO).
• Updated daily programming schedules on the web using Dreamweaver MX.
• Performed videography in the field and in the studio (ie. Press Conferences and California Perspective).
• Utilized post-production programs such as Final Cut Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects for daily on air programming.
2001 - 2009
The California State Lottery- GVTV
Director / Graphics Operator / Engineer / Camera Operator
• Operated two switcher boards as Technical Director for The Super Lotto Plus.
• Responsible for three on air cameras.
• Performed linear editing of program segments and monitored audio levels.
• Created and executed The Daily Derby Show, utilizing Final Cut Pro, After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator.